CLEAR is hiring one part-time (~10 hours/week) and one full-time (30-35 hours/week) research assistant position for the fall of 2022. The positions will start in September or October (flexible) and end on December 24, 2022, with the potential for renewal. Research Assistant rates are set by Memorial University and are between $16-26/hour depending on student status and experience. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. All applicants are welcome, though priority will be given to Indigenous students enrolled at Memorial University as per funding guidelines. Work can be conducted remotely.
Research Assistants will do part of their work independently, but will also be part of the wider CLEAR lab and thus will be working collaboratively with others. There are a variety of possible tasks and foci Research Assistants can be part of, and applicants should indicate which topic(s) below they are applying for:
- analyzing case studies of Indigenous quantitative methodologies in the sciences
- conducting and analyzing interviews with Indigenous researchers about their quantitative and scientific methodologies
- conducting literature reviews on the theorization of laboratory cultures in dominant science and feminist science
- writing up results, copy editing, and formatting academic articles
- organizing and leading reading groups on the above topic(s)
Applicants should be familiar with one or more of the following: quantitative and qualitative research methods; Indigenous cosmologies in research; Indigenous science and technology studies (I-STS); and/or feminist STS.
CLEAR is an interdisciplinary lab run by Dr. Max Liboiron (they/them, Michif) based at Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador. CLEAR is a feminist, anti-colonial laboratory, which means our methods foreground values of humility, equity, and good land relations.
We’re working to do research differently. The Research Assistant positions are part of theorizing ways to research based in good relations so we can put them into practice.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Dr. Max Liboiron at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis and are open until filled. If this ad is still up, the position is not yet filled. To apply, include:
1) a statement of interest (why you are interested in the position and what sort of experience you have in the topics and activities above);
2) a position statement about your fit for the position and/or within CLEAR;
3) a resume/CV.
We highly recommend that you review CLEAR lab’s website before applying. You are also welcome to email to ask questions. Maarsii!