CLEAR is hiring multiple part-time (8-30 hours/week, flexible) research assistant positions to work on a variety of projects (outlined below). Start date is flexible between Nov 2022 January 2023 and contracts run until March 31st. Research Assistant rates are set by Memorial University and are between $16-26/hour depending on status and experience. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. All applicants are welcome. Work can be conducted remotely.
Research Assistants will do part of their work independently, but will also be part of the wider CLEAR lab and thus will be working collaboratively with others. All RAs are part of weekly lab meetings (Fridays at noon NDT, and can be attended remotely). There are a variety of possible tasks and foci Research Assistants can be part of, and applicants should indicate which topic(s) below they are interested in, describing the skills they have that fit the project:
- Create a lit review on the method of participatory statistics
- Create a lit review on the method of participatory budgeting
- Analyze and write up short (1-2 page) case studies on Indigenous quantitative methodologies in the sciences based on reviewing published articles or bodies of articles. This RA would also be part of our Indigenous Quantitative Methods reading group.
- Create graphs and basic data viz for our plastic pollution research
- Other research and collaborative tasks related to literature reviews, co-writing and editing reports or articles, and data quality control
CLEAR is an interdisciplinary lab run by Dr. Max Liboiron (they/them, Michif) based at Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador. CLEAR is a feminist, anti-colonial laboratory, which means our methods foreground values of humility, equity, and good land relations. We aim to hire people who fit within the lab values and thus the wider CLEAR culture.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Dr. Max Liboiron (CLEAR Director) and Brittany Schaefer (Project Manager) at email@example.com. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis and are open until filled. If this ad is still up, the positions are still available. To apply, include:
1) a statement of interest (which areas of work from the list above you are applying for, why you are interested in the position and what sort of experience you have in the topics and activities above);
2) a statement about your fit for the position and/or within CLEAR;
3) a resume or CV;
4) a writing sample if you are applying for a writing/lit review position, and an example of data viz work if you are applying for that work.
We highly recommend that you review CLEAR lab’s website before applying. You are also welcome to email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions.